To check out library material or use a library computer, you must present a valid Willard Library card.
There is no fee for a library card if you reside, work, or attend school in Evansville, and can verify your current address with a legal photo ID.
Indiana residents may receive a Willard Library card at no cost by displaying their home library card and verifying their current address with a legal photo ID.
Non-Indiana residents may receive a Willard Library card for a fee of $35 per year by displaying their home library card and verifying their current address with a legal photo ID.
- All items not marked as “Reference” or “Special Collection” may be borrowed.
- Loan Period is 2 weeks.
- Renewals for an additional 2 weeks may be made by phone, e-mail, or in person. Items on hold for another patron may not be renewed.
- Borrowing Limit is 100 items at a time, per patron.
- Holds may be placed in person, by phone, or by e-mail for any item in circulation or on order. Notification of material availability is made by phone, mail, or e-mail. Items are available for pick up for seven days after notification is made.
- Book Returns may be made at the circulation desk during library hours, or 24 hours a day at the book return at the library entrance. Books may also be returned to any Evansville-Vanderburgh County Public Library location.
- Test Book Deposits of $10 (refundable) are required for GED and ASVAB test books.
- Overdue Fines of 70 cents per item are assessed for items overdue by 15 days or more. The maximum possible fine is $6 at a time.
- Loss/Damage Fines for lost or damaged items are determined by the librarian.
Additional Library Services
- Photocopying – 15 cents per copy
- Faxing – Within the continental U.S. only; $.50 per page to transmit; 15 cents per page to receive
- Public Computer – Free of charge; one hour or one time per day, whichever is lesser; requires library card; printing is 15 cents per page
- Interlibrary Loan – Willard Library can borrow from most public libraries, internationally. Patrons may make an interlibrary loan with a Willard Library card; cost includes postage fees and any fees assessed by the lending library.